Ginza

Visiting tourist attractions on an empty stomach was starting to catch up with me, so I headed to Ginza on Friday night for an energy boost. The hostess guided me to a table with a great view of Chinatown, and I made small talk with the waitress while enjoying the restaurant's ambience. I absent-mindedly studied the menu to take my mind off the fact that I was dining alone ... but I couldn't help noticing the couples and groups chatting and eating as the weekend got underway.

My dinner consisted of gyoza (crispy fried Japanese pot stickers), chicken teriyaki, fried green tea ice cream, and iced tea. The poultry was delectable, while the appetizer was forgettable ... but my biggest complaint was with the dessert. I like green tea and I love ice cream, but combining these two sweets made for a nasty product.