A Day at the Museum (Part Two)

Extravagance awaited me on the third floor as I entered the world of Glamour: Fashion, Industrial Design, Architecture. For an extra $5 -- in addition to the $10 admission fee -- I discovered how the concept influences how we see ourselves and our surroundings, whether it's in wearing a Gianni Versace dress or driving a Bentley coupé. It was also interesting to learn how glamour evolved from an idea of scorn to a badge of honor.
On the second floor was Matisse and Beyond: The Painting and Sculpture Collection. That exhibit focused on artistic periods ranging from Fauvism to Minimalism, with Henri Matisse serving as inspiration for other artists throughout the 20th century (and, hence, the focal point of the show).

Upon leaving the museum, it dawned on me that being enclosed by four walls can sometimes be a good thing. This sentiment would take on new meaning as I went looking for trouble in the San Francisco Bay.