Ghirardelli Square

I wasn't in the mood for club-hopping, so I spent Saturday night wandering around Ghirardelli Square. The bay after sunset is a beautiful sight to behold, with lamppost lights bouncing off the dark waters ... and not having the area swarmed with people enhanced its appeal. I window-shopped at a few stores until I saw a line stretching out the door at the Ice Cream and Chocolate Caffe.

Approaching a woman at the back of the line, I asked her if their products justify the wait; she nodded her head. I wondered out loud if the ice cream was better than Häagen-Dazs, and she replied yes. As far as I'm concerned, Häagen-Dazs makes the best ice cream on the market, so I had doubts about the woman's claim. However, curiosity got the best of me, so I followed her lead in buying some ice cream. (The flavor I tried tasted good ... but I still think Häagen-Dazs is better than Ghirardelli.)