La'zeez

Tasting various types of wine for hours on end made me hungry ... and since I had a taste for Asian cuisine, I went to La'zeez on Tuesday night. I ate basil lamb (lamb cooked with basil and vegetables) and nasi putih (white rice), with coconut bananas (deep-fried bananas dipped in shredded coconut and served with hot caramel sauce) and a glass of mango lassi (yogurt and mango pulp).

The entrée was delicious and the drink was scrumptious, but the appetizer was dry and the dessert was nasty. Overall, the meal didn't satisfy my palate ... but the décor did stimulate my eye, especially in the bathroom. It resembled a first-class hotel, with soft lighting and an indoor waterfall.

I was once told that a restaurant can be judged by how well its lavatory is maintained. In this case, the restroom gets an A-plus, while the food gets a D-minus.