Summary

I enjoyed my trip to San Francisco ... but after walking its hills, I'd rather visit the city than live there. (Those things are treacherous!) I'll cherish the memories of biking the Golden Gate Bridge, hanging out in wine country, and spending time at Alcatraz Island. However, Gavin Newsom needs to focus more attention on addressing the homeless situation -- not legalizing gay marriage. (I have nothing against homosexual couples who want to tie the knot ... but when there are vagrants sleeping within steps of City Hall, I can't help but question his priorities.)

Upon returning to New York, the Red Sox rallied from a 0-3 deficit to win the ALCS against the Yankees. (Maybe I should've stayed in California for another week.) The team went on to sweep the St. Louis Cardinals and win the World Series for their first championship in 86 years, breaking what was known as the "Curse of the Bambino."

Speaking of victory, Bush prevailed in his re-election bid a week later. Because Kerry didn't forfeit his Senate seat, he continues to represent the people of Massachusetts in the nation's capital. Despite their opposing political affiliations, both men travel around the world in the name of promoting American interests. In the meantime, I remain an adventurous globetrotter in the name of self-discovery.